I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Friday, October 20, 2006

20th October 06, 00:14

What a long time since my last entry. I was busy, busy with my vcds. However, my past week isn't just my vcds & myself. Last weekend, I went to Ghent with a group of ERASMUS strudents on exchange in Leuven - 2 French, 2 Italians, 3 Hungarians, & us, the 3 Singaporeans. Ghent is a beautiful place with rivers & beautiful architectures, we also went to the shop that sells the best fries in Ghent. Nice! Yummy! we visited SMAK (Stedelijk Museum vor Actuele Kunst) which featured contemporary art (this is totally not my kinda art) it's really difficult to understand. After that, we went to the St. Baaf's Cathedral where I saw "The Adoration of The Lamb" by Jan van Ecyk. The panel piece was MAGNIFICENT in every sense. A beautiful piece of art created during the midieval times.

Then, we headed to this pub that serves 250 types of beer. Cool yeah? Runli where are you, my drinking kah kee? We sat, drank & chatted before we headed back to Leuven. It was a pleasant trip because this grp of friends were great company! On this night, Caryn, Hung Yi, and Yuting was coming to Leuven sa Xuan & I waited for them upon reaching back. Caryn was my roomie & she was such fun & we're quite similar. She loves to eat (like moi); she laughs like a witch while I sound like a horse. Hee! Xuan & I brought them to Dewerf's for breakfast on Sunday & around Leuven but nothing really opens on Sundays, it's a boring town over the weekend. As it was Xuan's birthday, & Yuting's on 16th Oct, & Caryn's on 17th Oct, we decided to celebrate it together. So we cooked dinner together & Hung Yi cooked mee sua for Xuan & I. So sweet of her to do so. Then we all cut 2 cakes that we bought. It was a mini & joyous celebration but this also made me think of my bimbos & many other dearies. It'll be a full day of lessons for me on my birthday.

Today, I'm in Maastricht, Netherlands at Ford's place. It's small over here too but bigger than Leuven. We had homecooked noodles for dinner & met 2 Hongkongers who were headed for Copenhagen, & they were so kind to offer their room for Xuan & I (I mean they are so kind right?) which made me think how good God is. I was worrying how to settle sleeping area problems over here but He offered this to us. He solved my problems. I'm so amazed by His powers!

Tomorrow, I'll be heading for The Hague. I'm so excited...will update soon ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home